Geochronology & Stratigraphy
We offer geochronology services using several isotopic approaches
Academic Excellence Serving Industry
SEDISOR a direct link with the latest research
Sedisor is hosted in a geoscience university department at the Institut Universitaire Européen de la Mer (IUEM) in Brest, France (www-iuem.univ-brest.fr). This academic research institute, located next to the French Ifremer Institute is one the most recognized French research institute in marine Science.
The geology department, Laboratoire “Domaines Océaniques” (uem.univ-brest.fr) is internationally recognised for its expertise in marine geoscience using a multidisciplinary approach involving sedimentology, geochemistry, structural geology and geophysics.
Sedisor is leaded by Dr Sidonie REVILLON, geochemist with 15 years experience in international academic research. Sedisor benefits every day from collaborations and interactive relationships with academic researchers in all fields.
Her main field of expertise are:
- Magmatic geochemistry using major-trace elements and radiogenic isotopes to study the petrogenesis and deep sources of geological materials
- Sedimentary geochemistry: Sediment provenance investigations using Source to Sink approaches
- Isotope stratigraphy and geochronology
- Sr Isotope stratigraphy and geochronology
- Pollution investigations using Pb isotopes
Ultramodern Analytical Facilities
SEDISOR uses cutting edge instruments within the Pôle de Spectrométrie Océan
Concentrations (from % to ppb)
- HR-ICP-MS (Element 2), ICP-MS (X serie 2), ICP-OES (Ultima 2)
- Laser 193 Nm
Applied and fundamental research projects
On going collaborative Research
S2S : Sediment provenance studies
SEDISOR offers analysis and expertise services in geochemistry of elements and isotope geochemistry: concentration measurements at different levels (major, minor, trace and ultra-trace) on inorganic matrices; composition measurements of radiogenic isotopes and metal.